Apple is a character who appeared in The Annoying Orange, Microwave Effect and in many other Annoying Orange episodes as a part of flashbacks. Because he is one of the most illustrious characters of the Annoying Orange series, his death left a significant legacy from then on.
Apple first appeared in the Annoying Orange episode Hey Apple!, where he is seen being annoyed by Orange when he constantly says, “Hey, Apple!”. Orange then proceeded to crack jokes and puns, and babbling his tongue at Apple until he eventually loses his temper and tells him to be quiet. After a few seconds of silence, Orange then warns Apple about Knife, who then appeared and sliced Apple to death. After being cut up, he was carried away by Dane Boedigheimer, most likely to be eaten up. He later appears in The Microwave Effect, when Orange, Pear, Midget Apple and Marshmallow go back in time to the first episode (which is obviously re-filmed, proven as their speech were different (as they went back in time) and contains no archive footage). They alter history when Pear accidentally tells Apple that he will be knifed (while warning Orange not to change the past). After the future group vanishes, the past Orange is about to tell Apple he's gonna get knifed. Scared, Apple avoids knife. Two years later, the group arrives back to the present and discover Grapefruit, Grandpa Lemon and Passion Fruit enslaved by a group of apples led by Apple. King Apple's police force, the Robo Apple, orders the newcomers to put their hands in the air. Apple (known "King Apple" during late 2011) orders him to fire at will. Fortunately, Burrito (controlling the microwave time machine) sends the group back to the past a moment after they left. Past Orange and Present Orange distract Apple until he gets knifed. The future group then leaves (although the timeline remains altered by the fact that there are several clones of pear towards the end of the episode and there is no reason given why). After this, he was mysteriously revived like many other characters in the series (as proven due to the fact that he appears in the opening sequence of The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange, although this could be an unintentional mistake, as another apple was the main apple in the series). He has yet to appear in a future episode of The Annoying Orange.
- Main article: Orange
Apple isn't really friends with Orange, since he loses his temper after Orange proceeds to crack jokes and puns and babbling his tongue, getting to the point when Apple gets really annoyed and tells Orange to be quiet for more than 3 seconds.
- Main article: Knife
Knife made his debut appearance as an inanimate murder weapon in The Annoying Orange. Knife quartered Apple, killing him.
- Main article: Pear
Pear was most likely Apple's friend, but it is unknown as Pear was not seen until after Apple died.
- Main article: Dane Boedigheimer
After Apple was killed by Knife, Boedigheimer took the sliced remains of Apple and Knife away, and most likely ate Apple after the episode.
- "What? What? What is it?!
- "Yeah, that joke was funny the first four hundred times you said it."
- (Sarcastically) "Yeah, that was hilarious."
- (Confused) "What kind of question is that? I don't even have arms; how am I going to do one push-up?"
- "No, stop it!"
- "Okay, you've made your point. Stop it....."
- "Would you please be quiet?!"
- "For crying out loud, would you stop yammering for longer than three seconds? I can't even hear myself think!" (grunts)
- "Huh? Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!"
- "Whoa, no! Noooooooooo, aaaaaahhhh!"
- "What the heck?!"
- "Oh great, there's two of you?!"
- "Knock it off!"
- "Okay, so if you're from the future, why didn't the future me come back with you?"
- "That's "knife", you idiot. He's not supposed to mention the... Wait a second? I'm gonna get knifed?!"
- "Wait, take me with you! You can't just leave me here!"
- Uhhhh, nooooooooo!"
- "Good work, Robo Apple, now fire at will!"
- "Yes, you came back!"
- "Yeah, we covered that! Now get me outta here!"
- "Shut up!"
- "Oh for the love of Pete, what is it?!"
- The Annoying Orange (First Appearance, Death)
- Annoying Orange 3: TOE-MAY-TOE (Mentioned)
- Annoying Orange 4: Sandy Claus (Indirect mention)
- Hey YOUTUBE!!! (Indirect mention)
- Annoying Orange gets Autotuned (Indirect mention)
- Annoying Orange: Pain-apple (Indirect mention)
- The Microwave Effect (Death)
- The Annoying Orange Animated (Death)
- The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange (Intro)
- Creepy Pasta (Cameo)
- Annoying Orange Live Action!!! (Death)
Despite being killed in his first appearance, Apple is mentioned many times later in the Annoying Orange series. Apple is mentioned in the episodes followed:
- TOE-MAY-TOE: Orange mistakes Tomato for Apple because he looks like him because he is red.
- Sandy Claus: Orange says Santa Claus may be an apple because he is red. Then, at the end of the episode, Orange says to Santa, "You’re an apple!". Then, Orange began to use the term "Apple" as an insult.
- Hey YOUTUBE!!!: Orange calls out to Apple to ask him to help turn the camera off, even though he is dead. It might be the viewer, though, because he thinks the viewers are like Apple himself.
- Annoying Orange gets Autotuned: Orange refers to the Apple iPhone as "Apple".
- Pain-apple: Orange becomes confused when Pineapple tells Orange his name and thinks he’s an apple.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Apples: Orange laughed when the Green Apple calls himself an apple, thinking apples are always red as Apple was originally red.
- Jalapeño: Orange thought Jalapeño was an apple after realizing apples can be green.
- The Amnesiac Orange: Orange lost his memory, and believed himself to be an apple, fooled by another apple.
- The Annoying Orange Animated: Apple reappears and the same thing happens.
- The same scene is used for the apple from "The Amnesiac Orange", and for the apple from "Ready to Rumble".
- Apple is usually confused with another apple who is seen on many Annoying Orange bumpers.
- Crappy Captioned: He is revived to appear in a special episode that shows what the first Annoying Orange episode would've looked like if Google's faulty captions were used to tell the story. In this episode, he and Orange say nothing but nonsense. In this version, he doesn't die, as instead of Orange yelling, "Knife!" he yelled, "Night!".
- Apple appeared in Creepy Pasta being bored by pear's Algebra lesson.
|Main Characters||Recurring Characters||TV Exclusive Characters|
|Marshmallow||Liam the Leprechaun||Peach|
|Passion Fruit||Captain Obvious||Tomato|
|Grandpa Lemon||Dr. Bananas||Pineapple|
|Corey||Gaming Grape||Broccoli Overlord|